What Is A Substantial and Material Change In Circumstances to Modify Child Custody In Texas?

A parent or child’s circumstances will often change after a court issues an order on child custody. Maybe you have a new job opportunity in another city. Maybe your former spouse remarried and there are problems between your child and the new step-parent. Maybe the other parent simply isn’t giving you the time you are […]

Can I Modify My Child Custody Order After Divorce?

Yes – you can seek to modify the child custody (possession) portion of your final decree of divorce after your divorce. This article provides information on common situations in which a parent may seek to modify their child’s possession schedule as well as the legal requirements to successfully get a modification. A court may modify […]

Scroll to top